Important responsibilities in helping keep our communities healthy !!
Posted Date: August 31, 2021
Closing Date: September 10, 2021
Position Type: Full-Time/Permanent
Location: Dougherty County Health Department/Albany, GA, Paygrade/Minimum Salary: C-$20,571, D-$22,630, or E-$24,630 (Based on qualifications/experience)
Job Code(s): GSS080, GSS081, GSS082
General Nature of Work or Job Summary
• Provides outstanding customer service
• Performs a variety of administrative functions in support of the WIC Program
• Assures quality, comprehensive and management system functions are compliant with state policy and procedures
• Call Center attendant duties-scheduling of WIC appointment for (9) clinic sites
• Provides services to infants, toddlers, and pre/post-natal women Minimum Qualifications
• Administrative Support, Level 1, 2, or 3 (Based on qualifications/experience)
We offer: 12 paid holidays, Educational Support Leave, 3 wks. accrual of Annual Leave & 3 wks. accrual of Sick Leave. A defined benefit retirement plan, plus (employer matched) 401(k) plan. Health and Flexible Benefits (Dental, Vision, Legal, Long-Term Care, Dependent Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and Spending Accounts.
• Provides services to infants, toddlers, and pre/post-natal women • Provides low-risk nutritional counseling to individuals or group settings
• Works with a multicultural community
• May be assigned to assist in other counties in the district • Maintains HIPAA standards related to Privacy and Security • Physical Requirements include occasional lifting of up to 45 lbs.
High school diploma or GED and ability to perform basic office functions and computer related duties Preferred Qualifications
• Public Health experience
• Completion of an associate degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
(Please mail or bring a copy of College Transcript or Diploma to Interview—must have official transcript prior to start date)
Instruction to Apply + Other Important Information:
• One or more years of experience performing complex office/administrative duties in a Medical Office setting • Bilingual (Fluent in Spanish and English) • WIC experience
• Call Center experience
A State Merit Application for Employment must be received by this office no later than the deadline. Highlight any experience related to the Preferred Qualifications. This position may require driving company vehicles (Valid driver’s license required) and working some evenings and weekends during special events such as health fairs and responding to disasters. Selected applicant must consent to a motor vehicle record assessment. Points should be less than 10 and/or not negatively impact insurance rates for the agency. Drug screen, criminal background check, and immunization records may be required. If selected, male applicants between 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. All information submitted is subject to verification.
Southwest Health District 8, Unit 2
Connie Lewallen-Human Resources
1109 North Jackson Street, Albany, GA 31701-2022
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Link to State Merit Application
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for the next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive a notification. This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Only apply if you have a sincere desire to serve and can provide outstanding customer service, 100% of the time!
Sep 14, 2021.
Georgia Department of Public Health Jobs from GA Job Source