Do you desire to make a d ifference in your community and be off on mo st evening s and weekends? If so, this is the job for you!!
Public Health Registered Nurse, Level 1, 2 or 3
Posted Date: August 27, 2021 Closing Date: Until Filled Position Type: Full-Time/Permanent
Location: Thomas County Health Department//Thomasville, Georgia Paygrade/ Minimum Salary: J-$44,000, K-$48,400 or L-$53,240 (Based on qualifications/experience)
Job Code(s): HCP190, HCP191, HCP192
General Nature of Work or Job Summary
• Provides outstanding customer service
• Obtains Health History
(Based on qualifications/experience)
We offer: 12 paid holidays, Educational Support Leave, 3 wks. accrual of Annual Leave & 3 wks. accrual of Sick Leave. A defined benefit retirement plan, plus (employer matched) 401(k) plan. Health and Flexible Benefits (Dental, Vision, Legal, Long-Term Care, Dependent Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and Spending Accounts. (We have recently increased entry salaries)
• Provides education, treatments, and administers medications and vaccinations
• Provides comprehensive assessments of male/female patients which may include genitalia exams
• Collects specimens, performs labs tests including pregnancy tests, and conducts microscopic assessments
• Maintains CPR Certification
• May conduct home visits, participate in health fairs, serve on committees, and make presentations
• Maintains HIPAA standards related to Privacy and Security
• Physical Requirements include occasional lifting of up to 45 lbs.
Associate degree/diploma in Nursing from an accredited college AND Current Georgia Registered Professional Nurse license. (Please mail or bring a copy of College Transcript or Diploma to Interview—must have official transcript prior to start date)
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing
• Baccalaureate level health assessment course
• Public Health experience
• Experience in providing clinical services in the areas of Family Planning, Sexually Transmitted Infections, and Immunizations
Instruction to Apply + Other Important Information:
• Experience with performing physical exams on males and females
• TB experience such as contact investigation, treatments including Direct Observation Therapy
• Bilingual (Fluent in Spanish and English)
A State Merit Application for Employment must be received by this office no later than the deadline. Highlight any experience related to the Preferred Qualifications. This position may require driving company vehicles (Valid driver’s license required) and working some evenings and weekends during special events such as health fairs and responding to disasters. Selected applicant must consent to a motor vehicle record assessment. Points should be less than 10
and/or not negatively impact insurance rates for the agency. Drug screen, criminal background check, and immunization records may be required. If selected,
male applicants between 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. All information submitted is subject to verification.
Southwest Health District 8, Unit 2
Connie Lewallen-Human Resources
1109 North Jackson Street, Albany, GA 31701-2022
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Link to State Merit Application
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification. This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Only apply if you have a sincere desire to serve and can provide outstanding customer service, 100% of the time!
Sep 14, 2021.
Georgia Department of Public Health Jobs from GA Job Source