community and be off most evenings and weekends ? If so , this is th e job for you!!
Dietician/Nutritionist, Level 1, 2 or 3
Posted Date: September 08, 2021 Closing Date: Open Until Filled Position Type: Full-Time/Permanent
Location: Nutrition Services/WIC, Thomas County (Based), Providing services in multiple counties throughout the 14-county health district Paygrade/ Minimum Salary: H-$35,568, I-$39,125 or J-$43,038 (Based on qualifications/experience)
Job Code: HCP020, HCP021, HCP022
General Nature of Work or Job Summary • Provides outstanding customer service
(Based on qualifications/experience)
We offer: 12 paid holidays, Educational Support Leave, 3 wks. accrual of Annual Leave & 3 wks. accrual of Sick Leave. A defined benefit retirement plan, plus (employer matched) 401(k) plan. Health and Flexible Benefits (Dental, Vision, Legal, Long-Term Care, Dependent Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and Spending Accounts. (We have recently increased entry salaries!)
• Provides in-service training to WIC staff and community
• Performs assessments and provides Medical Nutrition Therapy for high-risk clients
• Plans, implements, and evaluates nutrition care plans for therapeutic diets of high-risk infants/women
• Provides counseling and nutrition education thru video conferencing and in group settings
• Maintains HIPAA standards related to Privacy and Security • Physical Requirements include occasional lifting of up to 45 lbs.
Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, human nutrition, foods and nutrition, nutrition education, food systems management or a closely related field from an accredited college or university AND verification statement of completion of a didactic program accredited by The Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics. (Please mail or bring a copy of College Transcript or Diploma to Interview—must have official transcript prior to start date) .
• Experience working in a WIC program
• Public Health Experience
• Has registration as a Dietitian by the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Commission of Dietetics Registration AND licensure as a Dietitian in the State of Georgia
Instruction to Apply + Other Important Information:
• Has verification statement from an accredited University and completion of didactic program accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
• Experience working with mothers who are breastfeeding their baby
A State Merit Application for Employment must be received by this office no later than the deadline. Highlight any experience related to the Preferred Qualifications. This position may require driving company vehicles (Valid driver’s license required) and working some evenings and weekends during special
events such as health fairs and responding to disasters. Selected applicant must consent to a motor vehicle record assessment. Points should be less than 10
and/or not negatively impact insurance rates for the agency. Drug screen, criminal background check and immunization records may be required. If selected, male applicants between 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. All information submitted is subject to verification.
Southwest Health District 8, Unit 2
Connie Lewallen-Human Resources
1109 North Jackson Street, Albany, GA 31701-2022
Link to State Merit Application
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification. This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Sep 14, 2021.
Georgia Department of Public Health Jobs from GA Job Source