Job Description: Starting Immediately Winder First United Methodist Church is looking to fill the position of Financial Associate. The position Is directly responsible to the Staff Parish Relations Committee, as empowered by the Church Council and shall work under the direct supervision of the Pastor. The position will work under the guidance of the Church’s Finance Committee in adherence to the Finance guidelines contained within the United Methodist Book of Discipline. Applicants must have a background in financial accounting and pass a background and credit check.
Compensation up to $30 per hour based on qualifications/experience of candidate. The position will require approximately 24 to 32 hours per week (Monday – Thursday). Onsite support is required.
Candidates should have:
1) Knowledge of financial software packages (Quick Books is preferred but not required)
2) Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel (or comparable applications)
3) Experience creating and presenting financial reports
1) Ensure confidentiality of all Church related financial information.
2) Oversee the collection and processing of weekly monetary contributions/gifts to the Church
a. Monitor volunteer counters
b. Ensure proper categorization of donations (ex: General Budget; Designated Funds; Memorials, etc.)
c. Document donations/gifts by individual/family where appropriate
d. Prepare reports for in-person; online; and donations received through the mail
e. Ensure accuracy of deposits and reconciliation of accounts
3) Develop; maintain, and ensure backup of financial data/reports for the Church
4) Develop and submit a pre-determined set of financial reports on a defined schedule
5) Oversee the production/distribution of quarterly giving statements
6) Ensure timely processing of all Account Receivable/Payable functions associated with Church operations.
7) Serve as the Church’s Financial Representative to third-party service providers providing support (ex: Payroll Processing)
8) Respond to requests for the development and presentation of ad-hoc reports from the Pastor and all Church Committees
9) Update individual/family financial contributions or gifts in the Church’s members database
10) Collaborate with the Finance Committee to review/update all established financial guidelines/procedures. Make recommendations for enhancement of existing policies, procedures, reports.
11) Work with Auditors as necessary
Why Work at This Company:
Private office with paid time off.
$ Low Salary:
$24 per hour
$ High Salary:
$30 per hour
$30K - $50K based on experience
Street Address: 280 North Broad St., Winder, Ga. 30680
Name: Debbie Brock
Feb 07, 2022.
Winder First United Methodist Church Jobs from GA Job Source